Regional entrepreneurship conference at Bryant U. features build-a-brand contest, keynote speakers
January 26th, 2012
- WHAT: New England Entrepreneurship Conference
- WHEN: 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3- 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4
- WHERE: Bryant University, 1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield
- MORE: Event includes a "build-a-brand" competition and keynote speakers from Narragansett Brewery, Center for Women and Enterprise, Extreme Youth Sports
SMITHFIELD, R.I. - Registration is now open for the Bryant University New England Entrepreneurship Conference, to be held from 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 3 through 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 4, on the University's campus, 1150 Douglas Pike.The event, sponsored by the Bryant Collegiate Entrepreneurs' Organization, the country's top chapter, offers practical interactive experiences for students in the Northeast who are studying entrepreneurship and people who participate in entrepreneurial-based organizations. Workshops will be taught by experts in the fields of new venture creation, traditional and online marketing, and financial management.
The conference also includes:
- Keynote speakers Mark Hellendrung, CEO of Narragansett Brewery; Susan Rittscher, president and CEO of Center for Women and Enterprise; Duane Spires, president of Extreme Youth Sports;
- Build-a-Brand competition: Teams will receive materials to create a unique product for the beverage industry. The teams will be required to brand the product by making strategic decisions about the name, packaging, distribution area, costs, and promotional items. Teams will pitch their brand to a panel of judges that includes H. Shahidi, former Pepsi-Co executive; Jon Mason, CEO of SwingJuice, and Miguel Dominguez, CEO of Avant Tea.
Registration and additional information are available at http://bryantceo.eventbrite.com/